Melon, Vodka and Ginger Granita Recipe
Prepared and cooked overnight
· Galia melons
· 0.5 lemons
· 100g caster sugar
· 4 thick slices fresh root ginger
· 1 tbsp vodka
· 125ml water
Peel, deseed and cut the Galia melons into chunks. Juice the lemons.
1. Put the sugar in a small pan with the water and stir over a gentle heat until dissolved.
2. Add the ginger, then boil for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool, then remove the ginger from the syrup and discard.
4. Put the melon in a good processor and whizz to a purée. Transfer to a freezer container with a lid.
5. Stir in the sugar syrup, vodka and lemon juice, mixing well. Put the lid on and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours, until it starts to freeze around the edges.
6. Beat the mixture with a fork to break up the ice crystals, then return to the freezer for another 2 hours.
7. Beat the mixture again and return to the freezer until completely frozen.
Transfer the granita to the fridge for 20 minutes before serving in glasses or bowls
Disclaimer - recipe provided by M&S for me to share with my readers :-)